Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14th 2012: Lunch in Worcester and Dinner in Boylston

 Today, as I did not have to go to work early, I decided to grab lunch at the Corner Lunch Diner in Worcester, where I happened to have a Livingsocial deal for $15.
 This place is a really traditional diner, although it was larger than Boulevard Diner in the same town or Main Street Diner in Athol. After enjoying a cup of Hot Chocolate, I got the Meat Lover's Omelette and the Hot Pastrami Sandwich.
Hot Chocolate
Meat Lover's Omelette
Hot Pastrami Sandwich










Both dishes were actually pretty good, especially the pastrami sandwich, and I would say well worth the cheap price. The place is in a really shady part of town though.

As it turned out, I did not have to stay late at work either, so I decided to try out another restaurant for dinner, heading to Cyprian's Restaurant in Boylston, which is located at the Cyprian Keyes Golf Club. I decided to take a seat outdoors in the fine weather, with some views of the golf course around us.









With regard to the food, there was only a small selection,so I decided on the Bruschetta appetizer, and the Cedar Planked Salmon for dinner. The appetizer was a pretty large portion, although it wasn't too bad, while the salmon was fresh and smooth to the taste. I had a coupon to save half off the second dish I ordered, which should be the cheaper one, but somehow my waitress applied it to the salmon instead. My lucky day I guess.
Bruschetta
Cedar Planked Salmon




No comments:

Post a Comment