Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25th 2012: Late Dinner at Myung Dong, Boston

Tonight after work, my friend and I were invited to a small dinner party at Myung Dong in Boston by my chef friend. After picking her up, we arrived pretty early at a small restaurant, where we were able to convince the waiter there that we were part of the only large group with reservations at 9 pm, so we got the only large table in the restaurant. Being really hungry as we had not had dinner before this, we decided to get some appetizers first, getting the Basket of Mini-Dumplings, and the Kimchi Pancake, both of which were really good.
Kimchi Pancake
Basket of Mini-Dumplings










More friends we did not know started to arrive before our host did, congregating at the only large table in the place. They got some Peach Soju, which came with interesting looking shot glasses, and I had my first of many to come. It was ok I guess, with still a hint of alcoholic taste to make me not like it that much.
Peach Soju
My friend host finally came half an hour later from a wine tasting session at L'Espalier, and the food finally started coming in, along with more drinks like Chamisul. I enjoyed eating the Tofu Kimchi Jeyook, made of pan-fried pork loin, kimchi and rice cakes in a red pepper sauce and steamed tofu on the side, the beef bulgogi, and my favorite stew dish, Boodae Jungol, served very uniquely in a pan over a lighted gas stove.
Fried Dumplings

Tofu Kimchi Jeyook

Beef Bulgogi

Boodae Jungol
By the time we got home, it was already 2 am in the morning, but I definitely enjoyed my night with my good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment