Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6th 2012: The Jimmy Fund Scooperbowl 2012, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event to go to the Jimmy Fund Scooperbowl held at City Hall Plaza in Boston, where there is all-you-can-eat ice cream from noon to 8.

Before heading there, I happened to spot a robin egg in the grass. While taking a picture of it, I happened to see a ringed plover sitting in the grass nearby. When I went close to it, it stood up and started squeaking at me in an attempt to scare me away from the eggs she was sitting on. That's motherly love right there.
Robin Egg
Protective mother ringed plover












Looking up into the tree above, I noticed a robin's nest, with the robin actually sitting stock still hoping that I would go away, but when I finally took a picture, the robin flew off to a nearby tree.
Finally on the way, I went to Weston and Newton to take some pictures of places I missed.
Massachusetts Viking Tower,
Norumbega Road near River Road, Weston
John Kelley Time Paradox Statue,
Walnut Street and Commonwealth Avenue, Newton


Heading into Boston, I was actually late due to accidents and road works on the roads. Thankfully the organizer had left her cellphone information, and she got the tickets to the Scooper Bowl for me. When I got there, she passed them to me from over the other side of the barrier. The entrance itself was interesting enough. I was actually expecting many more people there because of the free ice cream, but I guess it was dinner time already, although one could easily have had one's fill here just feasting on all sorts of ice cream from the top ice cream companies.









Pictures of the various ice cream flavors I got follow.
Friendly's Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter Fudge
Edy's Expresso Chip



Ciao Bella Gelato's Mango Sherbet
Breyer's Vanilla Bean



My total tally for the day
Hood Maine Blueberry and Sweet Cream Frozen Yogurt
Baskin Robbin's Splish Splash


After having my fill of ice cream, I decided not to waste my parking fee by heading to a nearby restaurant for dinner. It turned out to be the Oceanaire Seafood Room, which was really close to City Hall Plaza. This place is a pretty high class seafood restaurant, with great decor, and extremely high prices as well. the cheapest entree was already over 22 bucks.
Restaurant Decor
Table Decor












Trying to save money, I decided to get the sherried lobster bisque, and the waiter recommended the Wild Atlantic Halibut "En Papillote" entree to me.


Sherried Lobster Bisque
Wild Atlantic Halibut "En Papillote"
The lobster bisque was excellent as always, while the fish came served wrapped in a bag of paper, which the waiter had to cut to let its delicious contents out. Need I say more about how tasty the fish was in all it flavors? Thankfully, I was able to eat the small portions on top of the ice cream I had already had. This meal cost me over $60 though.

Finally, I made my way back to my car at the Boston Commons Garage, taking pictures of the night skyline as I walked through the cold weather. 

I'm glad I decided to go to the Scooper Bowl. It was an interesting experience, and I'll probably come again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My Name is Devin Meierding and I work with Committee Films, a production company out of Minneapolis Minnesota. Currently we are working on season 2 of our H2 series America Unearthed and for an episode we would like to use a print out of your image Massachusetts Viking Tower,
    Norumbega Road near River Road, Weston

    Let me know if you have any questions, all my contact information below, you can shoot me an email and I can send our Image release form.

    I hope you are having a great day

    Thank you so much for your time

    - Devin

    DEVIN MEIERDING | COMMITTEE FILMS
    Image+Graphics Facilitator & PA | committeefilms.com
    devin@committeefilms.com
    o: 952.448.9312 | m: 952.270.2693

    ReplyDelete