Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11th 2015: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Newton

I decided to head out for lunch today, going to Sisters Restaurant, a small diner at 171 Stafford Street in Worcester.

I got the Birds Nest Benedict (2 Poached eggs in potato skins on a bed of lettuce topped with bacon and chives),

which was interestingly unique and pretty good.

After work, my friend took me to Newton, where I decided to check out Comedor, a Tapas place with decor much like La Brasa in Somerville, though smaller. I started off with the Lomito a La Plancha (Brussels salsa Verde, spicy Queso fresco),

The Pescadito Frito (plantains, Spiced honey, lemon, pickled seven chilis)

And the Bowl of Crispy Mussels (lemon toum, lots of herbs).

The Pork loin was perfectly cooked, not being dry, going well with the cheese sauce below it. The fish was moist and Crispy, going really well with the Flavored plantains. Lastly, the mussels were crisp and perfected with the Herb dip covering them.

I decided to top it all off with the Semola con Leche (burnt sugar and pistachios) for dessert.

Initially, the cake did not taste like much, then I realized that the Caramel was all at the bottom, after which it definitely tasted much better. Overall, a pretty good meal for the area, although Toro is still better.

No comments:

Post a Comment