Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8th 2015: Making the Most of a Supposed Blizzard Day

My original plan had been to stay in all day because of the forecast snow storm, and it had been snowing early in the morning, but as it stopped and never really started again, I decided not to waste my day any longer, heading first to Holliston for lunch at Jasper Hill Cafe and Bistro. When I stepped into the place, I thought it looked familiar,

and on checking my records, I realized that I have indeed been here in the past, when it was still the Pejamajo Cafe.

With my deal, I got a large Iced Mocha Latte,
a Ham and Veggie Soup
and a Mushroom and Swiss Burger.
The food wasn't that great though. I think Pejamajo was better.

From here, I decided to visit the Grafton Historical Society in Grafton. The curator gave me a tour of the place, telling me about Grafton's history, including that it used to have an airport and a thriving shoe and textile industry. Pictures I took here follow.

By the time the tour was over, it was too late to do anything else, so I decided to just head to the Grafton Inn for dinner at the restaurant.
I decided to get the Scallops Capri (bay scallops, sauteed in white wine sauce with a light pesto tossed with walnuts, fresh spinach, tomato, feta cheese served with garlic bread) in the family style bar restaurant.
Not bad, but nothing amazing. 

When I left the place, it was already dark, and starting to snow pretty badly. Thankfully home was close by. At least I did not waste the day totally staying at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment