Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29th 2012: Driving around during Hurricane Sandy

This morning, my friend and I woke up to rain everywhere. After doing some stuff in West Boylston, we decided to head to the Pejamajo Cafe in Holliston for some breakfast, and to use my Groupon of course.









This place is pretty decent in terms of decor, appealing to the younger crowd. My friend decided to get the Ham and Vermont Gruyere Crepe, which comes with natural ham, Vermont Gruyere, baby arugula and Dijon Mustard, while I got the Roast Chiken Crepe, which contains swiss cheese, heirloom tomatoes, mushroom, and lemon and artichoke pesto.

Both were pretty good, though not very filling.

We spent the rest of the day driving through the storm with strong winds, with me worrying that trees might fall on us at any time.

After leaving the town of Salisbury, we decided to head to Tewksbury to have dinner at Oscar's Pinatas, which thankfully was still open despite the hurricane. We got a ton of dishes with my Groupon, getting the Cajun Chicken Salad and the Chicken Nachos Supreme for appetizers, with my friend getting  the #2 Combination Plate with an enchilada, a flauta and a taco, while I got the Shrimp and Scallop Spinach Rancheros, which came served over a plate of linguini, something you would not expect from a Mexican place like this.
Cajun Chicken Salad
Nachos Supreme

#2 Combination Plate


Shrimp and Scallop Spinach Rancheros


















The food was decent I guess, but just average in my opinion. With that, I brought my friend home first then drove all the way back. I am just glad I survived the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment