Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3rd 2012: Dinner at Sol of Mexico, Worcester

Today after work, I had originally wanted to explore Newton Hill in Worcester, but due to the extremely foggy weather, I had to forgo that hike, heading to Sol of Mexico in town instead for a Mexican dinner.

This place on Pleasant Street is pretty small and simple looking, with an even simpler menu.

I decided to get the Beef Torta, which comes on a bulkie bread with chipotle mayo, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and avocado.
 What came was pretty much like a giant burger, but it was actually pretty good for a burger, although I could hardly finish it.

For dessert, I decided to get the Cheese Flan. I don't know why, but it looked more like a pecan cheesecake. It was decent I guess.
Not a place I would bring friends to, although I did enjoy my very first torta here.

1 comment:

  1. They are one of the few places in Worcester that makes their own tortillas and tortilla chips. Other Mexican places buy from them. Their chips and guac are great. Their enchiladas are quite nice, too.

    ReplyDelete