Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24th 2012: Mexican Dinner at Hacienda Don Juan, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to try a Mexican restaurant in Worcester my colleague had recommended to me for dinner. Tonight, it was Hacienda Don Juan on Main Street. Before that though, I passed by a fireman monument outside the fire station on Harrington Avenue in Shrewsbury.
Fireman Monument,
~7 Harrington Avenue
The restaurant itself was pretty simply decorated like any family style restaurant, although a little bigger than Sol of Mexico.

I decided to get the Cochinita Pibil, consisting of roasted pork marinated in orange juice and spices, which sounded really interesting because of the orange juice. On top of that I debated getting the Botanitas, a Mexican sampler of their appetizers, namely one soft taco with beef, a Taquito des Guacamole, a Chicken Tostada, a Rebosos con Mole, and a chicken pie, which I ended up getting anyway.

Cochinita Pibil
Botanitas

 The roast pork was actually pretty tender and tasty, especially in the orange sauce. The soft taco went well with the grilled beef cubes in it, the mole sauce with the tortilla was an interesting touch, especially since it is only the second time I have tried mole sauce. The only thing I did not really like was the chicken pie, which looked more like a curry puff to me, and did not have much flavor.

In the end, I ended up finishing the appetizers, while I only finished half the roast pork. I'm looking forward to my leftover lunch tomorrow though.





No comments:

Post a Comment