Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31st 2012: Dinner at Sky Restaurant, Norwood

Today, my company had a potluck lunch, so I decided to check out the Widoff's Modern Bakery at 129 Water Street in Worcester for cookies or cakes to buy for the potluck. As it turned out, there wasn't much of it in this run of the mill bakery, so I was forced to go with the spider cookies they had.
In the end, the cookies were mediocre at best, but at least I made my contribution to the potluck and got to eat what the others brought. Oh well.

Later after work, I decided to use my Groupon at Sky Restaurant in Norwood which was about to expire. I had half expected the place to be a bar-restaurant, but it turned out to be quite high class, complete with a small waterfall on one of the walls of the restaurant, and a candlelight chandelier hang on another.









I also had to spend $60 here, so I decided to go for the Shellfish Platter for appetizers, with raw oysters, clams and cocktail shrimp. The Wild Mushroom Sweet Potato Ravioli was my main course, Sautéed with apples, onions, hazelnuts and sweet potato sticks in white wine maple sauce.
Shellfish Platter
Wild Mushroom Sweet Potato Ravioli











Although there was no mention of it in the menu, I definitely tasted the gorgonzola in my ravioli, which was a little strong, but still the dish was pretty interesting, especially with the maple syrup sauce. The shellfish of course was fresh and excellent.

Finally for dessert, I decided to go with 4 No guilt Minis, choosing the Key Lime, the Chocolate Mango Cheesecake, the Strawberry Creme, and the Chocolate Banana Brulee. I was actually expecting mini cupcakes, so it was a pleasant surprise when they came served individually in shot glasses.
From left, Key Lime, Chocolate Mango Cheesecake,
Strawberry Creme, Chocolate Banana Brulee

I have to say, the dessert was definitely the best part of my dinner. A+ for this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment