Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11th 2012: Dinner at Katta Mitha, Westborough

Today after work, I decided to get some Indian food for dinner from Katta Mitha in Westborough.

This place is owned in conjunction with a Chinese restaurant, Ming III, which is right next door.
 Looking pretty small for an Indian restaurant, I was expecting the food to be only so-so, ordering the Keema Mutter dish, made of minced lamb meat with green peas cooked in special masala made with herbs and spices. The meat, which was like a sloppy joe, was simply amazingly flavored, and went really well with the crispy naan that came with the dish. I soon ran out of naan to eat with the meat, but I just lapped up everything in the bowl as it was so good.
 I really wanted to try the desserts as well, so I decided to get the Jalebi, candy swirls made of flour batter dipped in honey syrup. I could only order them by the quarter pound, but I did not regret getting them at all. The candy was extremely tasty, with occasional bursts of syrupy sinfulness. Infact, I'm still eating them as I write this blog entry.

Enough said, this place is high on my list of Indian restaurants to eat at.

No comments:

Post a Comment