Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6th 2012: Hiking at Mount Pemigewasset, Lincoln NH

 This morning, I had a meetup event to go hike up Mount Pemigewasset in Lincoln, NH.

I was to carpool with my friend from Worcester, so I drove to his place, passing by the Upper Room Family International Church at 75 Alvarado Avenue along the way.
After meeting my friend, we headed to the town of Lowell to pick up 2 other people before heading the rest of the way up to the Flume Gorge Visitor Center at the base of the mountain.

There were tons of people here today to see the fall foliage, which was ample here even in the parking area.
Fall Foliage
Flume Gorge Visitor Center

Inside the Visitor Center
At the Parking lot




 The path we took to go up the mountain is shown below in pink.

The ascent was pretty wooded and muddy, in light of the rain coming down on us. Thankfully I had my cap and coat on, so I did not feel much of it. A few of the people in the group got a little tired, so I offered to carry their bags for them as well. The extra weight did not stop me from reaching the top easily though. The views at the top at Indian Head were fantastic, however, even though the clouds blocked the views at times.











The walk down the mountain was much quicker, but a little more treacherous due to all the wetness.
Back at the trailhead, I took one more picture of the leaves blowing all around in the rain.

The day was not over for my group though. We decided to grab dinner back in Lowell, MA at the Red Rose Restaurant at 716 Middlesex Street, where I decided to get the Special Fried Rice with Beef Lok Lak on my friend's recommendation. And an excellent recommendation it was. The beef was crispy and tasty, definitely my first real taste of Cambodian food.

By now, I was so tired that I just slept all the way back to my car, and went home immediately from there. Another eventful Saturday for me, and the rain did not even ruin it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment