Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22nd 2012: Dinner at Incontro Restaurant and Lounge, Franklin

Today after work, I had to use a Groupon at Incontro Restaurant and Lounge in Franklin before it expired. Along the way, I decided to check out 2 churches in Shrewsbury I had missed out on.
Grace Baptist Church
Liberty Church

In Franklin, I noticed the old water wheel on the side of the restaurant, which was apparently a mill in the past.
Inside, the decor was pretty high class as well. I expected as much, with the $50 I had to spend tonight. For appetizers, I had initially wanted the Grilled Lamb Lollipops, but they were out of exactly that, so I had to settle for the Pan Seared Lump Maryland Crab Cakes, which came with roasted sweet corn salsa & wild flower honey siracha aioli, and the PEI Mussels & Wellfleet Clams Fra Diavolo, with Spicy pomodoro sauce & grilled garlic bread. 
Pan Seared Lump Maryland Crabcakes
PEI Mussels & Wellfleet Clams Fra Diavolo











I wasn't actually expecting much from the 2 appetizers, but I have to say they were simply amazing. The crabcakes went extremely well with the wild honey aioli and corn salsa, while the pomodoro sauce was just the right amount of tanginess to go with the shellfish. 

But this wasn't all. My main dish was Line Caught Cod, with Sweet corn edamame bean quinoa, smoked bacon & white clam cream sauce.
Line Caught Cod
The texture of the fish, which I usually do not order for fear of it being dry, was fresh and juicy, and all the disparate ingredients came together excellently to please my palate.

I can see now why the restaurant was fully booked the last time I tried to eat there. Definitely a restaurant I will eat at again.


No comments:

Post a Comment