Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21st 2012: Dimsum 2nd Day in a Row

Today, I was to have a dimsum buffet lunch with friends at Yangtze River Restaurant in Lexington, so I decided to do some sightseeing in central northeastern Massachusetts before meeting them. On the way to Rocky Hill in Groton, I passed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at 616 Great Road in Littleton.
At Rocky Hill, the parking area is located inside a residential community on Robin Hill Road. The path I took to explore the trails here follow.

Passing the powerlines, there were nice views of the fall foliage.
As I carried on around the area, there were okay views of the wetlands as well.


Fungi on a tree











Other than that, there weren't any excellent views here.

Next, it was on to Bedford to check out some places I missed out on.
Carlisle Road Bridge on Concord River
Concord River from Boat Launch Area

First Church of Christ Congregational
First Parish Unitarian Universalist




Bedford Fire Department
Church of Saint Michael










I headed to Lexington after this, but I turned out being very early, so I decided to walk around downtown Lexington for a bit, heading to the Sweet Thyme Bakery in town to get some dessert while waiting.
At Sweet Thyme Bakery
Chocolate Mousse Cup (top), Caramel Pecan Tart (middle), Key Lime Tart (right)
After getting my desserts, I headed out to sit on the benches facing the streets of Lexington.

It was at this point that my friends finally came, and we entered the restaurant to get some endless dimsum.
Containers of Dimsum
The Buffet Table

Desserts
I have to say that the variety of dimsum and Chinese desserts available was mind boggling, and pretty good too, especially for a cheap price of less than $20. Enough said. Definitely a place to go for dimsum.

After lunch, my friends and I parted ways, and I decided to check out some of the college art museums, at the Rose Art Museum in Brandeis University in Waltham, and the McMullen Art Museum in Boston College in Newton.
Rose Art Museum

At McMullen Museum of Art
Both museums were really small though, with nothing much to see.

After this, I decided to explore the college grounds a little more, especially the Brighton campus that    was right next door.
Native American Monument,
Fr. Herlihy Drive and Commonwealth Avenue

Lyons Hall, Newton Campus



Boston College Brighton Campus
Theology and Ministry Library
Dance Studio











9 Lake Street
129 Lake Street



St. John's Seminary







From here, I decided it was time to head toward the town of Norwood to have a Groupon dinner at Boncaldo Italian Restaurant. Along the way, I passed through Brookline, Dorchester in Boston and Milton along the way.
Corporal Leonard J. McCarthy Memorial Square,
Brookline
St. Gregory the Great Parish, Dorchester 



Collicot Elementary School, Milton
Cunningham Elementary School, Milton


Finally reaching Norwood, the restaurant that I entered had a nice setting as shown below.
I had $50 to spend, and I already knew what I wanted to get, so I set down to business immediately, as I had a meeting to attend at home later on tonight.

First, I decided to get the soup of the day, a clear Minestrone soup which wasn't too bad.
Second, the appetizer came in the form of Gamberi, witgrilled tiger shrimp, shaved fennel salad, and a citrus reduction. I did not really like the fennel salad too much though, although I still finished the shrimp.
My entree was the pappardelle, which came with braised short ribs, wild mushrooms cream and truffle oil, was simply scrumptious. 


However, as I knew I had a lot more food coming, and I was already pretty full after today's dimsum buffet, I decided to leave it for tomorrow's lunch, and proceeded to dessert.

For that, I got the Crostata, a raspberry/blueberry tart with raspberry sorbet on the side, and the Budino, a warm croissant bread pudding with blueberry filling & creme anglaise.
Crostata
Budino

I could barely finish both desserts, and I was feeling really bloated when I finally left and hurried home for my online meeting.

With that, a day of eating lots of food came to an end.













1 comment:

  1. Hi Allan, May I please use your photo of St.Gregory's Church in my book?
    Thanks for your time.
    dolleyc@aol.com

    ReplyDelete