Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th 2012: Dinner at Charley's, Newton

Today after work, I picked up my friend after his exam in Worcester, and headed back toward Malden where he lived. Along the way, we decided to stop at Charley's, a western restaurant in Newton for dinner, where I had a Groupon to use. As it turns out, this place is located within the Mall at Chestnut Hill.
The restaurant looked like a nice early 1900s saloon bar, complete with old pictures on the walls. The menu though, did not have much in way of originality, so we ended up getting the Charley's Original Cobb Salad, made with shredded lettuce, blue cheese, tomatoes, bacon, grilled chicken, avocado, black olives, green onions and dijon vinaigrette, for the appetizer, and I got the Sirloin Steak Tips while my friend got the New York Sirloin.
Charley's Original Cobb Salad
Sirloin Steak Tips


New York Sirloin
Although the food was not too bad, my only complaint was that both the meats were pretty overcooked. Otherwise, pretty typical Western food I guess. Compared to the other good restaurants in Newton though, this would have to be near the bottom of the list.

With that I brought my friend home Malden, and headed home myself.

Not looking forward to another busy day at work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment