Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 14th 2012: Driving Around Boston

Today, I decided to go for a drive around Boston, as I had to pick a friend up from his workplace in Boston to stay over at my place for the night as he had an exam in Worcester tomorrow.

I left late and hungry as it had been raining all morning, so I decided to head to Hudson for some brunch at the Harvest Cafe, hoping to use the Groupon I have for the restaurant. This place was pretty crowded when I arrived, complete with a live band playing as well. To spend $20, I decided to get a cup of hot chocolate, the bacon, tomato and cheddar quiche, the Pumpkin Risotto Benedict special, and lastly, the shrimp Quesadillas.
Hot Chocolate
Bacon, Cheddar and Tomato Quiche



Pumpkin Risotto Benedict
Shrimp Quesadillas











I enjoyed my breakfast, although the Eggs Benedict felt a little plain, but it was a little spoilt when the waitress told me that my coupon was not valid for brunch, and it was stated plainly on the paper itself, and there it was when I looked closely. Oh well. $27 bucks for a meal just like that. I should not have stuffed myself so much then. This was a really nice place for brunch though.

With that, I first headed to Cleveland Circle at the intersection of Beacon Street and Chestnut Hill Avenue, which is close to the Chestnut Hill Reservoir. I decided to walk a around it for a little, exploring the parts of it that I missed out in the past.
The next place I went to was the Boston University Bridge, where I took some pictures of the Charles River from here.

BU Bridge
Charles River, West Side
Charles River, West Side


Next, I headed to the Simmons College area, where I took pictures of the schools in the area.

Boston Latin School
Harvard Medical School
Main College Building, Simmons College

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Boston Children's Hospital


My next destination was the Boston Medical Center, passing by the Boston Temple Seventh Day Adventist and the Fenway Duck House on Agassiz Road along the way.
Boston Temple Seventh Day Adventist
Fenway Duck House

After parking along Rutland Street, I walked around a little along the way to the hospital to take pictures.
New Hope Baptist Church
Concord Square

Shawmut Community Church of God
Grant AME Church
People's Baptist Church


Ramsay Park
Old Chickering Piano Factory,
791 Tremont Street

There were several interesting buildings in the Boston Medical Center area.
Talbot Building, BU
Bust of Hippocrates




Newton Pavilion
Monument

From here, I walked to the SOWA Open Market to pick up my friend.

Today, I saw 2 new trucks in the facility.
Shuck In Truck
Go Fish


After leaving the place with my friend, we walked back to my car, passing by a few interesting places along the way.
Ringgold Park
Boston Center for the Arts
Box Office
Taino Tower Condominiums,
143 West Brookline Street
Old Clarendon Street Baptist Church,
2 Clarendon Street

Villa Victoria Center for the Arts
Finally back at my car, we decided to head to Typhoon Asian Bistro in town for dinner, where I had a Groupon for 2 people.

This place, located very near Copley Square is actually pretty small for a Boston resturant, but very nicely decorated.
We got down to ordering, although we did have a hard time deciding what to get because not much appealed to us, especially because the lobster and toro dishes were not included in the discount.

In the end, we got the Wonton Soup, Mango Salad, Stuffed Tofu, and the Combination Claypot Rice.
Wonton Soup
Mango Salad



Stuffed Tofu
Combination Claypot Rice



The soup looked really plain and lacking in wontons, and was just okay, while the mango salad, though having a pretty presentation, was just average. The Tofu looked really interesting, but tasted really plain as well. The only really tasty dish was the rice, though it was not amazing either. To say the least, probably the last time I am coming here.

With that, my friend and I headed home to get ready for his exam tomorrow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment