Saturday, October 6, 2018

October 6th 2018: Meals in Worcester and the Boston Area

I started out this morning with breakfast at El Nuevo Amanecer Restaurant, a small  Salvadoran cafe in Worcester which used to be Recalde's Sidewalk Cafe. I got the Salvadorian Breakfast (Sweet Plantains, eggs and beans),
Nothing special, and definitely not the eggs with the onions.

Later on, while in Boston, I first headed to Shredded, a fast food salad place,
getting the SWEET POTATO PAD THAI (sweet potato noodles, shredded carrots, hard boiled farm egg, scallions, cilantro, bean sprouts toasted crushed peanuts, sweet chili peanut dressing).
Once again, nothing special, even though it is their best selling dish. Says a lot I guess.

Next, I headed to Neponset Cafe, which is more of a cafe that serves ramen as well, owned by Vietnamese.
I got the Sakurajima Ramen (Spicy tonkotsu soup with pork chashu, scallion, bean sprouts, seasoned bamboo shoots, half seasoned boiled egg, fried onion),

which was actually pretty good. I might come back again for their other stuff.

Next, Jerk, a Jamaican cafeteria, where I decided to just get a Jamaican Dumpling.
I thought there was filling in it, but I was wrong. Guess that's why it was so cheap at less than a buck.

Finally, Restaurante Cesaria, a Cape Verdean restaurant nearby.
I got the Katchupa Refuguda (refried Katchupa (slow simmered stew of hominy, pork, beef, beans and collard greens),with two eggs and linguica),
which took an extremely long time to come, such that I had to get it to go, but it did not taste like much either. A definite waste of my time.




No comments:

Post a Comment