Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 20th 2018: Fall Festivals in Newton and Watertown

I started out this morning at Maya Sol, a Mexican restaurant in Somerville,

which I have actually been to a long time ago. This time, I got a Beef Tongue Taco, which was actually pretty delicious.

Next, it was on to Brother's Kafe Kreyol, a Caribbean bar restaurant in Everett,
where I got the Plantains with Ragou.
Not bad, but nothing special.

Later on, we were in Newton to attend the Newton Fall Festival, which had a lot of free food of course.

I got my first candied apple ever (and probably my last, so gimmicky)
and got some balloon butterfly made for us by this guy,
which looked kinda weird though.
Next, we headed to the Chestnut Hill area of town for the next event, Trick or Treat at the Street.
I like this concept as kids can enjoy the spirit of Halloween while being in a safe environment during the day time.
Next, we headed to the Grace Chapel in Watertown

for their Harvest Fest.
The food here was just hamburgers and hot dogs though, and they were almost out already by the time we got there.

It was a good day spending time with family though.

No comments:

Post a Comment