Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10th 2011: Sturbridge and Holland

After work today, I decided to visit two places I had missed out in Sturbridge. The first place was the East Brimfield Lake Dam on the Quinebaug River. the views from the dam were pretty nice, although I felt that dams like Barre Falls Dam in Barre were better. Pictures follow.
















The next place I went to is a little upstream of the dam at the Streeter Point Recreation Area. The actual address is at the end of Old Streeter Road, and there is a nice beach here on the shores of East Brimfield Lake.
















Done with Sturbridge, the town of Holland was next. My first destination was the Hamilton Reservoir on the corner of Sturbridge Road and Leno Road. There is a dam here with beautiful views.




Heading to the nearby parking area along Leno Road, there were great views of the reservoir itself.












From here, I headed to the Lake Siog Recreation Area on Dug Hill Road between Brimfield Road and East Brimfield Road. The gate was closed, but there was a parking area nearby, so I parked there. Walking from there toward the pond, I took these nice pictures.


At the lake itself, the views were fantastic as well.


At this point, it was getting really dark, and I had to walk back along a path with woods on either side. I thought I heard an animal moving about, and it did not sound to be the size of a squirrel, so I got a little scared and decided to run for my life back to my car in case it was a wolf coming after me. 

To say the least, I got back to my car safely, and went for dinner at Kaizen Sushi Bar and Grill in Sturbridge. The decor was really nice, and the sushi rolls I had were great as well. With that, my day of sightseeing ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment