Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22nd 2011: Finishing the 4th Circle

I started my sightseeing today in the town of Millville, the southernmost town in the 4th Circle. My first destination was the Millville Town Hall at 8 Central Street. There, I saw the small historic Udor Tower, which was undergoing repairs, and the Samuel Thompson's Gristmill Stone from 1727.
Pigeons atop Udor Tower

Udor Tower
Millville Town Hall


Samuel Thompson's Gristmill Stone from 1727
The only other place that was of interest here in Millville was the Millville Memorial Park at 196 Main Street, which has a few nice war memorials.

From here, it was on to the town of Blackstone. The first place I passed by was a small park on the corner of Butler Street and County Street, which had a small pavilion and a few memorials. There were a few trees here with their leaves all red that I decided to capture as well.









The next place I passed by was Monument Square on the corner of Bridge Street and Canal Street. I heard the roar of a waterfall nearby on the Blackstone River, so I went to the Canal Street Bridge to take a few pictures of the river.

Monument Square


The Blackstone River
There were other places I visited in Blackstone before heading for Bellingham, shown below.

St. Paul Parish


Blackstone Public Library
War memorials outside
Blackstone Police Department











Christ Community Church



In order to get to Bellingham, I had to pass through the town of Woonsocket, Rhode Island. Although this town will not be covered in my blog, as I passed through the town, I still saw two churches of interest and captured them.
St. Mark Lutheran Church
All Saints Catholic Church


Finally, I reached Bellingham, where the first place I passed by was Crook's Corner, a nice little park on the corner of Pulaski Boulevard and South Main Street.
Next, I headed to Arcand Park, a small park on 156 Lake Street with a beach on the shores of Jenks Reservoir.


I visited a few other water bodies in Bellingham, shown below.
Lake Hiawatha,
Lakeshore Drive
Silver Lake Beach,
100 Cross Street

Box Pond,
Box Pond Road
One other interesting place in Bellingham was the town common on the corner of Mendon Street and North Main Street. This is a nice looking park with a few war memorials and recreational facilities.





















There were other places of interest I visited in Bellingham before heading for Medway.

St. Blaise Catholic Church
Bellingham Bible Baptist Church
St. Brendan Parish




Bellingham Fire Department
Bellingham High School


Bellingham Town Hall,
10 Mechanic Street

The first place I visited in Medway was the Betania II Marian Center. This is an interesting facility  designed specifically for Christian retreats, with a very serene feel to it.





The next place I went to was the Idyllbrook Park at the end of Wards Lane. There is a baseball field here, and a guy was flying a kite here as well.



The route I took to get to Chicken Brook is highlighted below in pink.
The view of Chicken Brook was not that great however, and the end of the path was pretty overgrown as well.
The next place I went to was Choate Park on the end of Oak Street after the junction with Mechanic Street. The route I took is highlighted below.
The park is a nice place, where I saw a father and son team fishing on the bridge at the far end of the park, and there is a beach as well.











I also tried to check out the pond on Deerfield Road, but there was not much to see here. After this, I was feeling a little hungry, so I headed to Mickey Cassidy's in the same town for a bit of brunch. I had the Irish Breakfast, which has blood pudding in addition to poached eggs, tomatoes, sausages, butter toast and baked beans.
After my filling meal,  I finished up Medway by visiting a few other interesting buildings in town.
Medway Public Library
Medway Village Church

















Medway Police Department

Burke Memorial School


War memorials,
Church Street and Holliston Street

Medway Town Hall,
155 Village Street




St. Joseph Parish,
151 Village Street
The Village Amphitheater
behind the Sanford Mills

The Old Sanford Mills,
14 Sanford Street












Charles River at the Sanford Mills
Christ Episcopal Church




Next, in the town of Millis, I visited a few water bodies and historical buildings before going to the town of Franklin.
Millis Town Hall, 900 Main Street
Charles River from Cedariver
South End Pond,
Offshoot of Orchard Street
near Bullard Street, Sherborn


War Memorial,
Exchange Street and Curve Street
Richardson's Pond,
Curve Street and Ridge Street






Church of Christ Congregational
Lansing Millis Memorial Building,
Exchange Street near Lavender Street
St. Thomas the Apostle Church,
111 Exchange Street



In Franklin, the town common on the corner of Union Street and High Street was where I headed to first. There were several memorials and monuments here, as well as several historical buildings.
Franklin Town Common


St. Mary's Church





Statues outside Franklin Senior Center


Franklin Federated Church
Hayward Manor, 195 Main Street



Next, I went to Dean College. The main building in the center of the campus is really beautiful, as can be seen from the pictures I took below.
Nearby is the Franklin Public Library, which has a statue of Benjamin Franklin at its doorstep.

Other places I visited in Franklin today follow.
Franklin High School
Anglican Church of the Redeemer





Chilson Beach/Beaver Pond,
450 Beaver Street
Uncas Pond, End of Florence Street

Franklin United Methodist Church

Franklin Historical Museum

Franklin Fire Department





Remington Middle School
Done with Franklin, Wrentham was next. With the day drawing to a close, I decided to check out a few buildings in town. This town is known for its factory outlet shopping mall at the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets.
Mount St. Mary's Abbey
Wrentham Town Hall






Wrentham Town Common,
David Brown Way and Common Street

Helen Keller Memorial
Wrentham Elementary Schools
Sweatt Memorial Park











Original Congregational Church

Trinity Episcopal Church














Fiske Public Library
Wrentham District Court

Parish of Saint Mary

With that it became too dark to take any more pictures, so I decided to hang up my boots for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment