Friday, March 13, 2015

March 13th 2015: Watching My Friend Play the Marimba in Boston

Shortly before I was to leave work for the day, I just happened to find out that my friend's Marimba recital was starting in 3 hours, all the way at the Boston Conservatory in Boston. I decided to abandon my original plans for the night, and drove all the way into Boston.

Being a little hungry, I decided to grab a bite at Merrill and Co. nearby in the South End, at the risk of being late. Thankfully, the bartender was very understanding about my situation, and quickly took my order of Fried Pickles (lemon garlic pickle spears, Sambal aioli)
And the Kitchen Sink Burger (Cheddar, bacon, iceberg, pickled shallots, Fried and Caramelized onions, tomato jam, special sauce, hand cut fries).

The pickles were a little too salty, the sauce tasting a little weird as well, although the burger was pretty delicious, especially with the tomato jam. The fries were a little on the soggy side though.

Overall, this place is pretty small, and there are better places around.

I ate less than half my Burger before deciding bit was time to go. Having paid my cheap bill (with my groupon) earlier, I made it to my final destination with a lot of time to spare.

Today, finally, I found out what a marimba looks like, and how it sounds,

and my friend played beautifully throughout, although I could not take any pictures of her playing. I wish her well in all her future endeavours.

I decided to end my night with a movie at the Apple Cinemas in Cambridge, watching "Chappie", a movie about an intelligent Robot, which was surprisingly good in my opinion despite the bad reviews.

Glad I decided to change plans tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment