Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18th 2015: Dinner At Oxhead Tavern, Sturbridge

Today after work, I decided to head to Sturbridge to have dinner at Oxhead Tavern.

I originally thought it would be a dive bar, but it was more a hotel lodge bar restaurant instead, with candlelit table settings in a wooden environment.

I got the French Onion Soup for an appetizer,
and the Chicken Pot Pie (tender boneless chicken and vegetables in a sauce, topped with a light puff pastry crust and served with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce) for my meal.
Both were okay, but nothing extraordinary.  The pie especially was interesting as the filling was not inside the pastry, but below it.

I hade hope my Peach Melba dessert would be better,
but it was just alright as well. 

Overall, not bad, though not worth coming back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment