Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th 2015: Dinner at Urban Kitchen and Bar, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to check out the new Restaurant in Worcester, Urban Kitchen and Bar, which has taken the place of Coral Seafood, which I have been to before in the past.

The decor was pretty much as I remembered it, upscale as always. The menu was interesting as well, and I was a little spoilt for choice. I ended up with the Chicken Liver Toast ( branded currants, pickled onion),

The Grilled Octopus (orange, chorizo potato hash, chives, cilantro)

And the Roasted White Bass (sunchoke puree, trumpet mushrooms, mizuna, black garlic).

The liver pate was absolutely delicious, being really smooth with very little liver taste. The octopus was even more amazing, being really fresh, and the rest of the ingredients going well together, especially the orange and the chorizo. Needless to say, the fish was fresh as well, the sauce providing flavor and the mushrooms providing additional texture.

The only thing that was actually disappointing was the Poached Pear (whipped ricotta, pizzelle), which though presented well,
tasted like medicine. 

Overall though, I have to say this is the new go to place for me in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment