Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24th 2011: Finishing Framingham

I had missed out on visiting the Garden in the Woods yesterday, so I decided to make up for it this morning. Along the way, though on Route 9, there are several beautiful views of water bodies, including this of Foss Reservoir at the junction with Country Club Lane.
The route I took at the garden is shown below, highlighted in pink.
 
The Garden in the Woods is a very interesting concept, to have areas full of color, in full contrast with the greenness of the woods. Unfortunately, I came just after the rains, and the mosquitoes were out and about in their full strength, and I was without defense or mosquito repellent. What could have been a pleasant morning stroll in the woods became a geurilla war with me against the multitudes of biting insects. Thankfully, they were pretty slow to escape from my swatting hands, and by the end of the walk, my hands arms were covered with my blood and the bodies of the fallen. Despite that, I was able to capture much of the beauty of the garden. There was also an exhibition of artistic expression going on as well, with people's submissions of their horticultural creations being shown in the gardens.


































 Interesting Dragonflies









 The Flowers


 
The artwork

The Stegosaurus
My next place of visit was the Danforth Museum of Art in downtown Framingham. However, as it was still too early for it to be open, I decided to walk around town and take pictures.
Framingham Town Hall,
150 Concord Street



Framingham Police Department
St Stephen Parish

New Life Presbyterian Community Church
When I finally got into the Danforth Museum, while it had some interesting exhibits, especially those in the abstract art section, a lot of areas weren't open to the public, and my visit ended just like that. The building looked pretty huge from the outside, but I think I only went through a quarter of the place. Not a good experience overall.
The Museum 
























Even though it was just the middle of the day, I was feeling strangely exhausted, so I decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment