Friday, April 29, 2022

April 29th 2022: Hiking 2 Places in Harvard at the Same Time

 Today, I started out in Harvard,

TaraVista Behavioral Health Center
Rollstone Bank and Trust


going for a hike at the Mirror Lake Conservation Area. I have visited Mirror Lake before in the past, but never went to look for Little Mirror Lake. The path I took here is shown below in blue.


While here,





I decided to take a detour to visit the Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge as well, checking out the Tank Road trail this time around, the route I took going under Route 2


being shown below in blue.

Nice water body here.



Heading back into the Mirror Lake area, I went to visit Little Mirror Lake, which unfortunately has flooded out the trail, and not as nice as Mirror Lake itself.
After leaving the area, we headed into the Ayer section of Devens,
Sweet Heart Memorial,
Jackson Road, 
42.54750928575126, -71.6085550605584
passing through 
Grady Research Building,
323 West Main Street 
to Shirley,
West Main Street Dam, 
Walker Road, 42.55227139782069, -71.61989892422761

where I tried to check out the supposed water body at the Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge section here, but I apparently ventured onto private property instead. I might come back here to find the water body here again when the trails are more established here.

From here, I headed back into Harvard to hike at the Old Mill Road area, where the path I took to get to the beaver pond here is shown below in blue.




Pretty nice view of the pond here.

At this point, I decided to call it a day, heading into Ayer to get a Thai Green Tea 





and a Strawberry Glazed Donut


From Ruby Donut. Nothing special though. 

While still here, I also got a Hot Pastrami Sub from Devens Pizza and Deli nearby.
Once again, nothing special here.

At least I had a good day of hiking today.








No comments:

Post a Comment