Friday, October 21, 2022

October 20th 2022: More Hiking in Fitchburg

 After some apple picking and getting an Apple Dumpling from Tougas Farm in Northborough, 


I decided to go on a hike at Coggshall Park in Fitchburg, which I visited before a long time ago. This time round, the path I took to explore the trails here is shown below in pink.


The pond in the north was dried up,

but Mirror Lake was nice as always.



Due to the ongoing drought, the cascades were a mere trickle,

and I had to thrash through the forest to get to the powerlines, where at least the views there were nice.


The supposed overlook was somewhat overgrown,

and the way back downhill was really steep. Very confusing trail markers as well. Maybe I'll come back in spring to check out the cascades, but that's about it for hiking at Coggshall Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment