Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 15th 2015: Running at the Craicfest in Cambridge

I started out this morning with breakfast at Sound Bites in Somerville. This place is somewhat bigger than Ball Square Cafe next door,
although water is self serve here as well. Minus points for that.

I went with a Hot Chocolate as always,
which was great in a big cup,

and the Asparagus Swiss and Prosciutto Omelette.
I wasn't impressed at all by the omelet or the hash browns. Definitely not worth the price. Not sure why this place is so popular, along with next door.











I headed next to the Cambridgeside Galleria, where the Craicfest 5K run was to start off.

I wore a lot of layers for fear of the cold, and was probably one of the few people to be wearing jeans while running.

Considering I have not run for a long time, I was a little concerned that I would not be able to make it, especially with all my layers, but surprisingly I was able to run for most of the way, although I have to say I was pretty slow (one of the last). I did manage to take pictures of the sea of green along the way though.

And of course, I had to get a taste of alcohol at the after party, getting a Downeast Cider.
From here, I headed into the Dorchester area of Boston to get some food from La Cuchara Restaurant, a small typical Mexican cafeteria in a really sketchy part of town at 381 Blue Hill Avenue.

I got a plate of Chicharron
and Beef Stew with Beans and Rice.
Nothing special though.

From here, it was on down south to the town of Bridgewater for sightseeing, passing by West Bridgewater
Kindercare
along the way.
Trinity Episcopal Church
Bridgewater Baptist Church
Town Common,
School Street and Central Square
Central Square Congregational Church
Bridgewater United Methodist Church
Bridgewater State University
Cole Parish House,
15 Cedar Street
Town Council
New Jerusalem Church
St. Basil Chapel, 122 Park Avenue
At this point, I decided to get some food from the Riviera Cafe Brewhouse, a dive bar in town.

I went with the only interesting thing on the menu, the Brewhouse Monster Burger (Massive burger fitted between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon and Tomato).

It was actually pretty good, but I could only eat half of it before realising I had to rush to Rehoboth to check out the Carpenter Museum before it closed for the day. I got the rest to go, and headed to Rehoboth.

Pictures I took of the exhibits which showed that Rehoboth was mainly an agricultural community.
After leaving the Museum, I headed to the town of Dighton to start my sightseeing there.
West Dighton Christian Church
Draka Cableteq
St. Nicholas of Myra Church
School Street and Lincoln Avenue
Brick Church
Dighton Community Church
First Baptist Church
390 Main Street
Dighton Public Library
Hillside Bible Baptist Church
Bristol County Agricultural High School
Next, it was the town of Berkley,
Berkley Congregational Church
Myricks United Methodist Church
and finally Lakeville.
Cornerstone Community Church
Lakeville Family Worship Center
Sts. Martha and Mary Church
Lakeside Landing, 350 Bedford Street
Town Hall, 346 Bedford Street
Lakeville United Church of Christ
At this point, the snow was coming down pretty hard, so I decided to call it a day for sightseeing, and headed to the town of Norfolk for dinner at Novato's Bar and Grill, a family style bar restaurant that used to be Guido's Italian Restaurant, that I visited a while ago.

After looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Thanksgiving Turnover (oven roasted turkey, homemade stuffing and mashed potatoes enveloped in a golden brown pie crust. served with mashed potatoes, butternut squash, turkey gravy and cranberry sauce)
and the Scallops and Bacon Mac and Cheese (seared sea scallops and applewood bacon).
I was disappointed that the turkey did not have more sauce, while the scallops weren't very fresh.

Okay meal overall, but I'm not coming back here.

With that, I was finally done after a day of running and sightseeing. Back to work tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment