Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16th 2015: Trivia at Common Ground Bar and Grill, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event for trivia at the Common Ground Bar and Grill in the Allston area of Boston.

Before that, I had time to visit Al's Deli nearby, where I got the Deathwich (Steak, pork, turkey, and bacon with cheese and Al's blend of spices and sauces on a bed of lettuce and tomato).
I have to say, it was one of the best sandwiches I have had to date, the meats and sauces coming together really well, especially for a hole in the wall place like this. Check it out if you are ever in the area, just expect to wait a while for your sandwich to arrive.

The restaurant itself had a menu full of sandwiches as well, of which I got the Hawaiian Press (Grilled Chicken, Honey Glazed Ham, House made Pineapple Jam, Cranberry Mayo, and Provolone cheese), while my friend got the Cuban (Slow-braised pork, smoked ham, Gruyere cheese, pickles and chipotle mayonnaise). Somehow, due to miscommunication, my friend ended up eating half my sandwich before realizing his mistake, and as a result, I got to try both sandwiches in the end, taking one of his Cubans.
I also got to try the Truffle Fries
and the Deviled Eggs (with housemade pork belly).
The appetizers were nothing too special though.

With regard to the trivia, my team did not do well at all in the first round, but we got much better towards the end, although it was a case of too little, too late. At least we weren't in last place.

After leaving the bar, I headed back to my car, and happened to notice that the new dessert place in town, Sweet Kingdom at 145 Harvard Avenue, was still open, so I took the opportunity to go check it out.
Pretty looking place, with iPads used to take orders.

I went with the Durian Kingdom (Mango, Vanilla Ice Cream, Durian, Coconut milk, sago, grapefruit),
which was actually pretty tasty, and a perfect end to my night of eating in the Allston area.

No comments:

Post a Comment