Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31st 2015: Seafood Meals in Burlington and Somerville

I had to use my deal at Bonefish Grill by next week, so I decided to use it today, heading to the Burlington location. Pretty nice decor.


With my $10 deal and $25 gift card, I got the Maryland Crab Cakes (Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and red remoulade sauce)

And the Wood Grilled Arctic Char with Herb Pesto sauce and Potatoes au Gratin on the side.

The crab cakes were pretty good, but too small for what I paid for them,especially when compared to the ones I had just yesterday.

The fish wasn't too bad either, though dry at times, and the potatoes were way too salty for my liking.

Overall, disappointed as always by semi upscale chain restaurants like these.

From here, I headed into Somerville for my next meal with friends at Earl's Kitchen and Bar. As I was a little early, I walked around the Assembly Row area for a bit.

The restaurant itself is pretty chic and upbeat, filling up quickly with people as the night wore on. For food, most of my friends got burgers and sandwiches, with Truffle Fries (custom salt and pepper blend, truffle aioli) on the side,
while I got the Oven Roasted Moroccan Salmon (smoked paprika oil, chermoula, pearl onions, peas and persian cauliflower).
I have to say, the salmon was really good, the skin being really crispy and the fish going really well with the sauce provided. I also liked the Truffle Fries I got to try. Overall, not a bad place to hang out with friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment