Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4th 2011: Dinner at 5 Napkin Burger and Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt, Boston

Today after work was my first attempt at meeting new people using meetup.com in the Boston area, and it was to try out a new restaurant in Boston called the 5 Napkin Burger at the Prudential Center.

I arrived about half an hour early, so I decided to walk around the Prudential Center a little. Some pictures I took follow.


In order to enter the restaurant, there is a need to exit the building to find the entrance. Once inside, I did not have to wait long before the organizers arrived. I had no expectations about how the meetup event would go, but I must say that I felt right at home with the group of 10+ people who showed up for the dinner. We were even joking about how diverse our jobs were that we could form our own company. Anyway, on to the important part, the food. I had the French Onion Soup, as always, and the house burger, the 5 Napkin Burger, along with Tuscan Fries on the side. The Tuscan Fries were pretty similar to the thin cut fries that I often try at the VIA Italian Table restaurant in Worcester. I also had a chance to try their Tater Tots when offered by one of my newfound friends, which was more like mashed potatoes mixed with spices, breaded and fried in the shape of tots. All the food was great though, to say the least.  
French Onion Soup
5 Napkin Burger with Tuscan Fries


After an enjoyable dinner where conversations ranged from white water rafting to road rage, we headed to the Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt store in the same building for some dessert. As it so happened, the swirling machine was broken, so the half and half version of the frozen yogurt became 2 small whirls of different flavors instead of 1 big whirl of 2-flavored yogurt. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before digging into my dessert, so I resorted to taking a picture of my friend's, which had much more toppings on it.
To end this entry, I want to say what a pleasure it was to meet so many new people who were really fun to hang out with tonight, and I look forward to joining more events like tonight's.

No comments:

Post a Comment