Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22nd 2016: Meals in Spencer, Northborough and Brookline

I started out today with breakfast at Kosta's Cafe, a cosy diner in Spencer.
I got the Hash Crepe Supreme (crepe stuffed with scrambled eggs and hash topped with Hollandaise sauce),
which was absolutely scrumptious. A definite recommend from me.

I also got a Maple Glazed Donut from the Dippin' Donuts in town.
Nothing special really.

Lunch was at Special Teas, a small tea place in Northborough.
We got the Mulled Cider for a drink,
A tad too sour for me. My hot water came in a cute teapot, although it was leaky.
My other half got half a Famous Melt (english muffin with fresh basil mayo, smoked turkey, broccoli and tomato and mild cheddar on top) and a Tomato Spinach Soup.
The soup was not to my liking either, although the sandwich was not bad. My Spinach Crepe (with seafood, broccoli and tomato)

was not bad, although I was hoping the seafood inside would be more than just crabmeat.

The dessert menu was written on a plate,
but we decided not to get anything as we already had to wait over an hour to get our food, and we did not want to wait any longer. Overall, the food was just okay, but definitely not coming back again.

For dinner, we headed into Brookline to check out Rifrullo Cafe, a really nice looking place with interesting stuff on the menu.

We got the Sweet Potato Gnocchi (Hand-rolled gnocchi with duck ragu),

the Chicken Curry (Served with lemon basmati rice & toasted coconut),

the Roasted Beet Salad (Herb goat cheese & hazelnut pesto),

the Eggplant Tagine (A savory vegetarian casserole with eggplant, chickpeas and yogurt)

and the Lemon Yogurt Cake,
The main courses were pretty good, although the beet salad was just alright, and the cake was a little stale. The best dish of the night was the eggplant though, which was extremely flavorful. Overall. a pretty good meal. I would come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment