Thursday, September 19, 2019

September 19th 2019: Attending a Conference in Cambridge

I had to attend a conference at the Courtyard Boston Cambridge hotel in Cambridge today, but before that, I decided to stop for a quick breakfast at Vinal Bakery, a small cafe in Somerville.

I decided to get the G.O.A.T (over medium egg*, goat cheese butter, spicy pesto, arugula),
which was a pretty good start to the day.

The hotel itself is nice inside as well,
The lunch provided during the conference was pretty bad, so I had to resort to heading out to Alive and Kicking Lobsters, a small seafood market nearby, where the sitting was ramshackle,
and their famous Lobster Sandwich did not look like much,
but it was delicious all the same.

After the conference, I headed into the Central Square area of town, getting the Central Bao (Braised kurrabotto pork belly, roasted sesame, baby cilantro, pickled onions, house special chili, coconut powder, crushed peanuts and green apple)
 from Bao Nation, a store right next to Dosa Factory, which I visited in the past, which seemed like it owned Bao Nation as well, because they came over to execute my order. Pretty good actually I must say, though I would not come back again as it is situated in an Indian grocery store.

I also got a Green Tea Blueberry Cake from Paris Baguette nearby for my other half's birthday.

Really good cake from this place. Definitely so much better than the last one we had from Honey Honey Dessert Cafe in Malden.

No comments:

Post a Comment