Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July 28th 2021: Frank Cooke Forest, Leicester

 Today, I decided to go on a hike at Frank Cooke Forest in the town of Leicester. The rough path I took to get to the beaver wetland here is shown below in pink.

 

Really overgrown right from the start,

and half the time I had no idea where I was, guided only by my GPS and the streams crossing the area, which allowed me to locate the gate to go through to get to the power lines, although the path here was really muddy here as well. At least there were nice views here, but definitely not worth the thrashing and semi-wading I had to do.
The wetlands were nothing to look at either, and the paths to them non-existent, at least to my knowledge. With that in mind, I decided to use the path along the power lines, however muddy, to make my way to Paxton Street, then walk along the roads back to my car. There were cars stopped along the road on my way back, but everyone drove off as I approached. So much for a hitchhike back to my car. At the junction with Manville Street, I checked out Kettle Brook Reservoir #2 along the way.




With that, I got back to my car somehow. Definitely not hiking here ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment