Sunday, July 25, 2021

July 25th 2021: Hiking in Sudbury, Concord, Lincoln and Winchester

 This drizzly morning, I started out early with a shor hike at the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge in Sudbury, where the path I took from the end of Moore Road to get to the water body here is shown below in pink.


Not bad for a short hike.



Next, it was on to Miller Farm in Concord, where the path I took to try to find the water body here is shown below in pink.


Couldn't get any views of the water body here at all, and I spent a few rounds trying to look for it.
From here, it was on to the town of Lincoln to hike at the Fiske Hill area of the Minuteman National Historical Park. The path I took here to check out the water bodies here is shown below in pink.


The first water body was nothing special,
then it was on past the visitor center, which was closed this early in the morning,

the Jacob Whittemore house, 


the Bluff,

the Hayward Well,

and Fiske Hill, where there were no views to be had.
Overall, still nothing special from this hike, though very historical.

Next, heading into Lexington, I visited MA France, the French grocery in town, 

getting the Almond Croissant




and the Apple Tart.

Unfortunately, I did not get to try either. I have had good stuff from this place in the past though.

From here, it was on to my final hike of the day at Locke Farm Conservation Area in Winchester, which is right next to Whipple Hill in Lexington, which I visited a while back. This time, the path I took to get to Locke Pond and Wright-Locke Farm is shown below in pink.


Locke Pond itself was not bad a look, although pretty swampy.
The other pond right next to the farm was even worse.


At this point as the farm was right there in front of me, I decided to venture out into it instead of back into the woods. Pretty decent farm.


An okay day for hiking in the rain, overall.

For dinner, we decided to get takeout from Shrewsbury Pizzaria, getting the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo pizza 

and the Shrewsbury Special Pizza (Pepperoni, sausage, hamburger, meatballs, green peppers, onions & mushrooms).

Pretty good pizza, although the chicken alfredo was a little on the salty side.



No comments:

Post a Comment