Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21st 2015: Watching Cirque Ziva at the Cutler Majestic Theater, Boston

I started out today heading to Concord to get a bunch of cupcakes from Concord Teacakes, a small local bakery, which was already pretty filled with people this time of morning, in this snowy weather.

Some flavors I got include Lemon Mousse, Raspberry Mousse, Strawberry Mousse, Boston Cream, German Chocolate, Carrot Cake, Oreo, Coconut Mousse with Vanilla Cake, Red Velvet, Chocolate Trilogy and a few Easter themed ones. I have to say the cupcake I had was a little on the sweet side.
Breakfast was at Leo's Place Diner in Waltham, a small diner, but with interesting stuff on the menu.

Even my Hot Chocolate had the best presentation I have seen so far, complete with a Strawberry on the side.

For food,I got the Viola de Amore (avocado wrapped with prosciutto and served with melon)

and the Gondola Omelet (bresaola (air cured beef), tomato, basil).

The former was presented well and Delicious as well, as was the cured beef. Excellent breakfast to say the least.

After breakfast, I headed to badminton in Waltham, which was fun as always, especially because I provided a box of the cupcakes I just bought.

As I had an appointment to go see Cirque Ziva with some friends at the Cutler Majestic Theater in Boston, I had to leave early, getting some takeout lunch from The Rotisserie, a typical cafeteria style place in the Dorchester area of Boston.

I got the BBQ Beef Brisket with Mac and Cheese and Spinach and Cheese,

and the Steak Tips with Collard Greens and Candied Yams.

Not bad, but definitely not coming back to this sketchy place.

After lunch, I headed to the theater, where I had some time to take pictures outside the main auditorium while waiting for my friends to arrive.

The inside was even nicer.
Unfortunately, no photography of the show was allowed. I can tell you that while some performances were pretty impressive in terms of what the performers could do, but overall, a lot of it looked pretty cliched and nothing extraordinary. Oh well.

After the show, we decided to head to Taiwan Cafe in the Chinatown area for dinner.

This time, I did the ordering, and got totally different stuff from the last time I was here, getting the Fried Mashed Taro with Duck Egg Yolk,

The Mini Steamed Buns with Pork,

The Oyster Omelette with Gravy,

The Grilled Taiwanese Sausage,

The Stuffed Intestines with Sticky Rice and Peanuts,

The Chilled Spicy Beef Tendon

And the Szechuan Style White Fish  with Veggie in Spicy Broth.

Definitely a much better dining experience than the last time I was here. I especially liked the Beef Tendon which was more flavorful, though less authentic than at other restaurants. Even the Intestines were interesting, with little taste of gaminess. The Oyster Omelette was Crispy and delicious as well with the sauce.

After I bid farewell to my friends, I was informed by another group of friends that they were going to have dinner at Asiana Sushi Shabu, an all you can Eat Sushi and hot pot place at 137 Harvard Avenue in the Allston area.

As I have never been there before, I decided to take the opportunity to check it out, despite being pretty full. Thankfully, by the time everyone started eating, which was about 2 hours later, I had freed up enough space to have a somewhat decent meal of the Hotpot and sushi.

It wasn't anything amazing though.

After dinner, we headed to JazzMoon in Quincy for a karaoke session. Even though I did not sing much, I effectively lost my voice.

It was a long fun day with friends though.

No comments:

Post a Comment