Friday, March 6, 2015

March 6th 2015: Dinner at Mi Pueblito Restaurant, Boston

Today was my colleague's last day at work, so we had a company lunch at Kyoto Bar and Grill. As always almost everyone else got Hibachi, while I got the Rock and Roll Roll (sweet potato Tempura, Shrimp Tempura, cream cheese, Eel sauce, sriracha, spicy mayo, sugar, tobiko, tuna) And The Cape Cod Roll (scallop, crab, tuna, Salmon, white tuna, Yellowtail, avocado, cucumber, Tempura crumbs, tobiko, spicy mayo).

Not bad, as always, especially the sweet potato in the Rock and Roll. Pretty filling too.

After work, I headed into the East Boston area for dinner with friends at Mi Pueblito Restaurant, a small Mexican place. For food, I got the Carne de Venado (deer meat, served with rice, beans, salad and pico de gallo),

While my friends got the Revueltas (Pork and Cheese) and Queso con Loroco (cheese and loroco) Pupusas and the Plato Tipico Montanero (Colombian steak dish, served with rice, beans, eggs, pork, plantains and salad).

The pupusas were the best I have had to date, being pretty cheesy and fresh, although my deer meat was slightly overcooked and dry.

For dessert, my friend got the Postre de Tres Leches (Three Milk Cake),

while I got the Nuegados con Chilate (corn atole with yucca dessert and sugarcane syrup).

The cake itself was a little dry, while mine was a little disappointing, as I had expected something more fancy because of the name, instead of the 3 patties I got. They were a little burnt as well, although the syrup did help make them taste better.

Overall, not coming back here. I've definitely had better elsewhere.

After dinner, I headed to the Showcase Cinemas De Lux Revere in Revere to watch "Kingsman: The Secret Service" and "Focus".

The first movie was a pretty good British spy movie with a few unexpected plot twists and lots of excitement and action, although I have to say the scene with the exploding heads was a little on the cheesy side.

The second movie was about a con man and his con jobs, which had so many twists that I could hardly keep my head on, although it worked out pretty nicely in the end. Definitely 2 movies to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment