Saturday, March 7, 2015

March 7th 2015: Sightseeing Amid Piles of Snow

I started out early this morning in the town of Beverly, heading to Omelette Headquarters, a small diner at 342 Rantoul Street.

Despite its name, the list of omelettes failed to perk my interest at all, although I still went with the Meat Lovers (tips, ham, bacon, sausage and mozzarella cheese)

And a Hot Chocolate, as always.

The omelette itself wasn't too bad, although I really expected much more, because of the restaurant name. Oh well.

From here, it was time to start my sightseeing for the day in town,
Second Congregational Church
Cornerstone Church
Then Wenham,
Old Wenham Church, 8 Dodges Row
Buker School
And finally Topsfield.
Steward School
Topsfield Town Library
St. Rose of Lima Church
Institution for Savings, 5 Main Street
Post Office
Trinity Episcopal Church
From here, I headed into Swampscott for my next meal at the Ocean House Cafe, which is actually more a surf shop than a cafe, looking out on King's Beach.
With my deal, I got a Ocean House Breakfast Bar (raw Cashew, coconut flakes, vegan Chocolate chips, oatmeal, local Maple syrup, cinnamon), a Peanut Butter Monster Cookie,
An Iggy's Croissant

And The Green Room Juice (Kale, celery, cucumber, lemon, parsley, green apple).

Every was way too healthy for my liking, tasting Weird at best. At least I got more than my day's serving of vegetables, or so I think.

More eating was to come after at Zoe's in Cambridge, where I had a meetup brunch event. With all the food that Was already in my Stomach, I went with something small, getting the Crunchy French Toast (Classic French Toast dipped in a special blend of cereal and nuts. Served with 100% pure maple syrup).

My friends got the Smoked Salmon Benedict (Two dropped eggs with Smoked salmon, grilled tomatoes topped with hollandaise sauce on and English muffin served with homefries),

The Potato Scramble (3 eggs scrambled with homefries, onions, peppers, gardenburger sausage)

And the Breakfast Burrito (3 eggs scrambled with jalapeƱos, onions, Sausage wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with melted Cheddar and Jack cheese, served with homefries and salsa),

All of which looked better than my toast, and probably tasted better. My toast wasn't even Crunchy, but it was alright I guess. Overall, even though this place was crowded with people, I still think there are better brunch places around.

After brunch, it was on to yet another meal with friends at Brother's Restaurant in Brookline, which has taken the place of Khayyam Restaurant, which I have been to in the past.

Here, I decided to go with the Lamb Kabob  (Marinated with Spices Herbs Lamb or Chicken. Served with Rice, Salad, and Pita Bread),
while my friends got the Plain Waffle with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream,

the Challah French Toast with Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream and the Corned Pepper Beef Hash.
The food wasn't too bad, especially the lamb and the hash, but overall, nothing amazing.

From here, it was on to Boston to watch the Hong Kong movie "12 Golden Ducks" at the Regal Fenway Stadium 13 and RPX with my other friends.

We were a little early, so we walked around Landmark Center for a bit before heading to the theater.

I have to say, although the movie had its funny bits and all the famous movie stars, it was a little too outrageous at times, and overall I did not really like the experience. My feeling exhausted from the events of the day did not help the situation either.

A few of us headed to dinner at Hancock's, an upscale hotel restaurant located within the Boston Marriott Quincy hotel.
By the time we arrived, my other friends had already almost finished their Crispy Salt and Pepper Fried Point Judith Calamari (Bell Peppers, JalapeƱos, Garlic Butter, Marinara) appetizer, although I still managed to get a bite of whatever was left over. Not bad.

This place has all you can eat Prime Rib, which is what everyone at the table got.
The cut that we all got was really huge, but somehow I managed to get through mine, it tasting really excellent and tender, with my friends even getting seconds to take home.

The night was not at an end yet though, with dessert being at Yocha in town.
This time, I got the Red Raider (RED BEAN and SESAME SOUP W/ PEANUT MOCHI BALLS & TOFU PUDDING),
while my friends got the Frozen Yogurt
and the Strawberry Madness (STRAWBERRY PUREE, DICED STRAWBERRIES, SLICED BANANAS W/ TAPIOCA and TOFU PUDDING).
I especially liked the mochi balls, with the peanut filling being so creamy. A pity that there were only 2 in my bowl.

With that, we called it a day, and somehow I made it home despite feeling extremely exhausted. Not too sure if I want to go out tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment