Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13th 2015: Dinner at Hops N Scotch, Brookline

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Hops N Scotch in Brookline. I have been to this place before for brunch, so I wanted to check it out this time for dinner.

Before that, I went to get a Halal Lamb Curry Paratha Wrap

and Mango Lassi

from Chutney's in the Longwood area of Boston, located within the Longwood Galleria foodcourt.

The drink and curry were actually pretty good, although the wrap skin was a little dry and hard.

Next, it was on to Brookline. As I was a little early, I decided to go check out Paris Creperie, a small cafe famous for its crepes and its food truck.
The John Gouda Man Crepe (Turkey, Bacon, Smoked Gouda, Spinach, Chipotle Aioli) I got
was actually pretty tasty. Definitely a place to try for crepes.

At Hops and Scotch, our table was upstairs where the trivia was to take place as well. I decided to get the Scotch Eggs (Soft boiled egg, wrapped in seasoned pork and breaded, sweet carrot slaw, Dijon mustard)
and the Short Rib Tacos (braised short rib, corn tortillas, rice, pickled cabbage, pico de gallo, guacamole),
while my friends got mainly burgers and the Pecan Stuffed Dates Wrapped with Bacon (Maple drizzle).
The dates weren't too bad, although I wished the bacon was crispier.

The Scotch Eggs were delicious, with the yolk being half cooked, and it actually burst out when I tried to cut it.

The short ribs were a tad too sweet for my liking though. Overall, yet another place that has fallen from my graces. My team totally sucked at trivia as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment