Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10th 2015: Dinner with a Friend at Urban Kitchen and Bar, Worcester

My friend came to visit for a day, so I took her to my favorite restaurant in Worcester, the Urban Kitchen and Bar.

We decided to get different stuff from the last time I was here, getting the Fritto Misto (calamari, rock shrimp, sweet potato, onions, piquitto pepper aioli),
the Roasted Cauliflower Steaks (spicy braised swiss chard, raisin, capers, red onion) 

and the Scallop Crudo (celery and jalapeno gazpacho, meyer lemon, grated almond).
The calamari wasn't too bad, but nothing amazing. The cauliflower was delicious though, and intriguing with its purple color. I liked the raw scallops the best of all with its tart ingredients, although my friend did not take to the fishiness of the raw meat.

On the other hand, I did not like the bitter chocolate flavor in the Chocolate Panna Cotta (mascarpone, chocolate crumble) dessert we got,

although my friend absolutely loved it and was glad to have it all to herself. 

Overall, still the best restaurant in town, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment