Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 29th 2015: Second Night in a Row at Amorino, Boston

Today after work, I was to have hotpot at my friend's place. Before that, as I had a groupon to use at The Tavern in Groton, located at the Groton Country Club, I headed there first.

I got the Cheese Fries
and the Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Marmalade.
Not bad, but nothing special, especially in a pretty run down place. I was expecting more from a country club. It was only later that I realized that I had left my jacket there. Guess I have to go back there tomorrow.

After hotpot, I took my friend to Amorino, which I was at just yesterday.
This time, she got the Grande Cone with as many sorbet flavors as possible to make a flower,
while I got the Waffle with Tiramisu and Speculos Biscuit Gelato on top.
The cone was crispy and fresh, while the waffle was crispy and thin, just the way I like it. Definitely the best ice cream experience to date.

We also got a box of macarons, but as they contained gelato, we had to get it home within 30 minutes to the freezer. Hope they didn't melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment