Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28th 2015: Meals in Boston

After work today, I headed into Boston for my meals today. I started off at Roost Bistro, a small but decently decorated restaurant with an upscale feel,

getting the Potato Leek Soup

and the Long Island Duck Breast (sweet potato puree, sautéed spinach, black cherry gastric).

Next, I headed nearby to Amorino, the new ice cream place in town, for some dessert.
They have an interesting way of putting 3 scoops of different ice cream into a tiny cup, so I had to try it, getting the Indian Alphonso Mango, Raspberry Heritage and Blood Orange sorbet flavors. absolutely delicious.

My final destination for the night was at Fogo de Chao for Brazilian buffet, where I had a meetup event to attend. Yes, you must be thinking, after everything I had before? Really nice decor to start with.
After we decided everyone had arrived, it was time to start, with cheese bread starters,

and then flipping over our disks to signal we wanted meat.
In my opinion, the salad bar was a little lacking in authentic Brazilian food, especially salpicao. How could you not have that at a Brazilian place, I don't know. The fruit, especially the papaya, was really delicious though. It was also a bit lacking in terms of meat varieties as well.
They did put sides of polenta fries and plantains on the table though.
According to my friend though, I could have gotten more meat by requesting from the menu, and that I should give it a second opinion next time. I guess I will, and she eagerly wants to try Amorino as well. I definitely want to try the macarons next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment