Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 21st 2015: Meals in Concord and Waltham

After work today, I headed to Concord
65 Main Street

to use my deal at the Colonial Inn.
There are several eating places located here, and I decided to use my deal at the relatively upscale place, Merchants Row.

I went with the Crab Cakes (piquillo aioli, cilantro, sweet corn relish)

And the Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprout Bites (hickory honey BBQ) for appetizers,

And the Pan Seared Scallops special (scallops over Squid Ink Risotto, smoked mussel, asparagus tips, Cauliflower puree) for my entrée.

Everything was excellent, although I wish they had more sauce for the Brussels sprouts. The Asparagus in the risotto was pretty hard as well, but overall, a pretty good meal in a historic Inn.

From here, I headed into Waltham, where I was supposed to have a trivia event at The Mad Raven, but I decided not to join the group in the end. I have been here before for brunch, so I wanted to see what they had to offer for dinner, getting the Chicken Curry (tender white Chicken with vegetables, apples and raisins on Spicy Curry sauce, served over white Rice).

Not bad actually, though still just a typical sports bar with typical fare.



No comments:

Post a Comment