Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6th 2015: Revisiting the Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge, Harvard

Today after work, I took the opportunity of the nice weather today to go hike at the Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge in Harvard. The last time I was here, I had given up due to the muddy paths here, but this time I was determined to complete my exploration here. The path I took is shown below in pink.
This time, I was able to make my way through successfully, although I still got my feet wet.

Pictures I took here, including of beavers I happened to spot swimming in the marshland, follow.
After my hike, it was time for dinner, this time at Lucia's Tavola, a pretty nice Italian restaurant in the town of Ayer.
With my deal, I got 2 appetizers, namely the Olive Fritto con Gorgonzola (gorgonzola cheese stuffed olives fried and topped with smoked chili aioli)
and the Pancetta Avvolto Date (Bacon pancetta wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese served over crispy prosciutto and parmesan risotto).
Both came really well presented, and although both had their quirky flavors, I soon warmed up to both of them and enjoyed them thoroughly.

My entree was the Vitello “Lucia” (Veal bundles filled with house made mozzarella, pesto, mission fig & Prosciutto topped with a velvety Marsala wine demi reduction),
which was excellent as well because of the marsala sauce.

I could not then resist but want to try one of their desserts, so I went with my waiter's recommendation of the Zabaglione (fresh berries served with whipped cream made with marsala and Myers dark rum).
Unfortunately, the slight alcoholic flavor in the cream was not to my liking. Oh well. Overall though, this is definitely a place to check out if you are ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment