Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 18th 2015: Exploring the Boston Lighthouse, Boston

I started out this morning with breakfast at Buddy's Diner, real hole in the wall place in Somerville.

I went with A Hot Chocolate and Sherri's Piggy Bacon Pancakes.

The dough itself was a little sour, and the Maple syrup did not help at all either. Oh well.

When I arrived in the Boston area, I stopped by Cuppa Coffee, a really small Australian coffee stop, complete with an accent, near Haymarket  for something to drink, getting yet another Hot Chocolate to go,

on the way to the Boston Harbor Islands Visitor Pavilion, where I was to embark on my visit to the Boston Lighthouse on Little Brewster Island.

The trip to the island was pretty uneventful, save for a few spotty showers that got us a little wet along the way.

Deer Island Light
The Graves Light
Hull
It was interesting to note that the bridge to Long Island has been demolished.
I also got my first really good picture of the Long Island Head Light.
I took some pictures approaching the island as well.

Finally on the island itself,


I was in the first group to head to the top of the Lighthouse,

where we were expressly told not to touch the lens.

Pretty rickety climb at times,

But nice views at the top,

Especially of Graves Light in the distance.

A pity the light wasn't on today due to a malfunction, but at least no one's hair was going to get caught in the gears today, or least it never has happened.

When I finally got back to the mainland, I decided to go use my deal at the Causeway Restaurant, a bar restaurant located near the TD Garden.

I got the Bucket of Rib Tips (sriracha Korean BBQ)

And the Veggie Torta (refried beans, Portabella mushrooms, avocado, sour cream, jalapeƱos,  lettuce and tomato), with sides of Baked Beans and Edamame Succotash.

The ribs were more Bone than meat, but although the sandwich looked a little simplistic, it was actually amazingly delicious, along with the sides as well.

Overall not bad a meal, but these are better places elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment