Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29th 2015: Dinners in Saugus and Natick

Today after work, I went with my friend to the Square One Mall in Saugus,
Then to Sake Japanese Restaurant nearby at 670 Broadway for dinner. This place has pretty interesting decor, with sunken tables to mimic the low tables in Japan.


For food, we got the Spicy Scallop Maki (cooked scallops with spicy mayo),

The Hama Shiru (cherrystone clams in light broth) And the Ahiru (Slices of roasted Duck lightly sautéed Topped with Scallions).

The sushi was pretty simplistic, though still good, as was the soup. I liked the duck the best, the only complaint being that it was mostly fatty skin.

Overall, just an average meal though with nothing much interesting on the menu.

On the way back home, I was feeling so hungry that I had to stop by Smashburger, a fast food joint in Natick which thankfully was still open when I arrived. I got the Truffle Mushroom Swiss (Truffle mayo, sautéed crimini mushrooms, aged Swiss on an egg bun)

And a portion of Smashfries (Tossed in Italian olive oil, rosemary & garlic).
Not bad, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment