Friday, July 28, 2017

July 28th 2017: Breakfast in Holden, Lunch in Worcester

This morning, I went to have some breakfast at Goodhile's, a grocery like place in the town of Holden which also serves sandwiches and ice cream.

I got the Egg, Bacon and Cheese Sandwich, which was not bad,  being freshly made,  though nothing special.

For lunch, one of my colleagues was leaving the department,  so several of us went to Via Italian Table, which I have been to many times before in the past.

This time around, we got the Squash Blossoms (trio of Tempura fried squash flowers, zucchini noodles, Meyer lemon aioli, cold pressed olive oil),

And The Fried Calamari with Marinara for our Appetisers,

While I got the Chicken Marsala (sauteed chicken breast, prosciutto, and sauteed mushrooms on spaghetti) for my main course.
The squash flowers were pretty good, although the calamari were nothing special, though crispy. The pasta was tasty too, but I felt a little underwhelmed in this fancy restaurant.

Dessert consisted of the Cookie Butter Creme Brulee (crisp caramelized sugar topped with dusting of cinnamon)
and the VIA’s Crêpe Cake (15 crêpes layered with a cream cheese and mascarpone filling.  Drizzled with a chocolate garnish and imported Amerena cherries),
which I already had once in the past. The creme brulee was pretty good, although the cake was not as good as some I have had in the past. At least I did not need to pay for the meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment