Friday, September 15, 2017

September 15th 2017: A Day Off to Surprise My Other Half

I took a day off today to surprise my other half, passing by the town of Ashland,
Eldridge Plumbing and Heating
starting out by going for a hike at Peters Reservation in Dover, where the path I took to get to the canoe launch area on the Charles River is highlighted below in pink.
Other than the views of the river itself,
nothing much else to see here. Not worth coming back again.

From here, passing through Newton,
Newton Wellesley Hospital
I went to get the Green Tea Mille Crepe Cake from Lady M in Boston for my other half's birthday, getting a slice of the delicious Strawberry Shortcake (layers of vanilla Sponge Cake with strawberries and whipped cream) as well.
From here, I rushed the cake back home, then proceeded to sightsee for the rest of the day, passing through Nahant,
Joseph's Beach, 99 Cliff Street
Marblehead,
Greystone Beach
checking out the exhibits at the Marblehead Museum,
and Danvers,
Holten Richmond Middle School
before finally getting some lunch at the Village Tavern, a bar restaurant in the downtown area of Salem which apparently has the best burgers in town.
I got the Bacon Brie (candied bacon, brie cheese, V Tav whiskey bacon jam, salt and vinegar onion straws) burger,
which lived up to expectations. Might come back here again for another go.

My other half enjoyed her surprise birthday cake, thankfully. Now I got to think up something else next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment