Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 1st 2017: Farewell Dinner for my Friend

Before heading to Boston today for a farewell party for my friend, I got some cakes from the Gerardo's European Bakery in Shrewsbury, getting the Death by Chocolate Mousse Cake, Blueberry Cheesecake, Mile High Carrot Cake, Mile High Strawberry and Ricotta Cake and Mile High Lemoncello Cake.
Excellent cakes as always from this place.

From here, it was on to Boston, with my first stop being at Jyuba, a Korean restaurant which has opened up in place of Sweet Caroline's, which I was at a long time ago.
Just wanting a quick bite, I just got the Sojuba Cucumber,
which was perfectly flavored, although I wish I had some rice to go with it. Might come back to try other stuff on the small menu.

Next, it was on to Saloniki Greek nearby, a nice Mediterranean place with a cafeteria style concept. 

I got The George (Spicy Colorado lamb meatballs, charred eggplant, zesty garlic yogurt, secret sauce, greens, local tomato, onion, Greek fries, spicy slaw & fresh herbs on a just-made pita),
which was tasty, especially with the fries inside.

Finally, it was time to head to my friend's party at Basho, which I have been to once before in the past.

As my friend knew the chefs, we kept getting free stuff, including Meat Pies and fried Fish Steamed Buns,
which were excellent as can be expected from this high end place, and they were not even on the menu. It was sad to see my friend go though. Maybe I'll go visit him some day in Australia.



No comments:

Post a Comment