Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28th 2018: Getting Lost in the Thayer Memorial Forest, Lancaster

Today, while heading back to work, I passed through Clinton,
Congregation Shaarei Zedeck
then Lancaster,
College Church of Seventh Day Adventists at Atlantic Union College
where I tried to explore the Thayer Memorial Forest. The paths I took are shown below in pink.
I first tried to enter the area from the area of the old Covenant of the Cenacle
but was immediately told that I was trespassing, and advised to head to the Bull Hill Road entrance on the left, but the area was so overlogged that I decided not to enter by that way as well. Instead, I decided to try to enter from the Old County Road side, but found an entrance on the junction of Highfield Drive and Highland Road, and somehow found my way to the water body here. Nothing much to look at though.
On the way back, I got lost again, exiting the area on the right side of Bull Hill Road instead, and decided to walk all the way back to my car along the road.

Not coming back to this mess of an area for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment