Wednesday, August 7, 2019

August 7th 2019: Company Outing at the Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence RI

I started out early this morning in the town of Johnston RI,
Hawkins Pond, 38 Winsor Avenue
Greater Rhode Island Baptist Temple
Old Belknap School
The King's Tabernacle Church
Saint Robert Bellarmine Church
Lighting and Design by J and K Electric

heading into Providence RI,
Murphy Trainor Memorial Park,
8 Molter Street
Unification Church
Save the Bay Center
Rhode Island Historical Society Library

checking out the Harborside campus of Johnson and Wales University,

The beach at Fields Point,

exploring all of Roger Williams Park before the start of the outing.

The Roger Williams Park Zoo itself is not too bad in size, but not much in terms of animals. No lions or tigers either.
After leaving the zoo, I went to check out the nearby Museum of Natural History and Planetarium.

After finally leaving the area, I headed into Cranston RI,
Church of the Transfiguration
St. Paul Church
Edgewood Congregational Church
William Hall Library
Edgewood Yacht Club
Stillhouse Cove Park
Trinity Church
Pawtuxet Baptist Church
Rosedale Apartments

then Warwick RI,
Pawtuxet Park, 2 East View Street
Salter Grove State Park
St. Peter's Church
Lakewood Baptist Church
checking out the Warwick Historical Society.
From here, I headed to East Providence RI,
St. Martha's Church
Hope Congregtional United Church of Christ 
Fire Station #4, 66 Wampanoag Trail
James Dennis House
Riverside Congregational Church
Bullocks Cove Access Park

going on a hike at the Boyden Heights Conservation Area, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Nice views from the observation deck area,
and from the area past the East Bay Bike Path.
Sabin Point Park,
Rose Larisa Memorial Park
and Crescent Park
are some nice parks in the area I explored today.

Next, it was on to Barrington RI,
Haines Memorial State Park
Latham Park, End of Latham Avenue
Barrington United Methodist Church
St. Matthew's Episcopal Church
Allins Cove Beach
Mussachuck Beach
Rhode Island Country Club
Holy Angels Catholic Church,
341 Maple Avenue
Town Hall, 283 County Road

where I was lucky enough to get to check out the RISD Beach area. I still do not know if this is a private beach or not.
From here, I went on a hike to find Brickyard Pond from the end of Legion Way. Extremely overgrown path, but somehow I found my way to the pond.
My last place to visit for the day was the Barrington Preservation Society, a small museum

located in the basement of the Public Library
With that, I called it a day after my company outing to the Roger Williams Park Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment