Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22nd 2016: JMP Day in Boston

I attended a JMP conference at the Villa Victoria Center for Performing Arts in the South End area of Boston today.

 During the breaks, I took the opportunity to venture out in the area for a bit,  getting a beef Alcapurria from Mana Escondido Cafe

And having lunch at Shun's Kitchen, a nice Chinese restaurant in the area.

Here, I got the Cold Marinated Spicy Pig Kidney,

the Crispy Duck Ramen

And the Duck Tataki (thinly sliced duck breast, Ponzu sauce).
The intestines and duck tataki were pretty good with the Szechuan style sauces, but the best dish in my opinion was actually the ramen, the soup not being too salty for once, and the duck being really crispy. Really glad that Cafe Madeleine across the street was closed today for reconstruction, otherwise I would have missed out on this place.

After the conference, I went to check out a Vietnamese seafood place in the Dorchester area, Tri Seafood Restaurant, a small place with a big parking area at 1616 Dorchester Avenue.
We got the Crawfish
and the Satay Shrimp.
Not very fresh in my opinion, and too expensive. Not coming back again.

Our final stop for the day was at Yocha in Quincy, where we got a Japanese Cheesecake
and the Red Raider, which I have had before.
The cheesecake was nothing special in my opinion, although the other dessert was good as always.



No comments:

Post a Comment